Wednesday 31 August 2011

Holme Valley Wheelers Club Hill Climb 2011

So tonight i was breaking out my hill climb weapon for it's first outing. A local club hill climb is always a relaxed atmosphere but for some reason i was nervous all day. This was probably due to the fact that i won it last year and i was using fixed for the first time. My warm up was ok but i did go half way up the climb twice on the fixed and it made my legs feel crap.



These are some pic's of my fixed the Racescene had made up for me.
So i did go of as hard as i normally do as after reading Matt Clinton's hill climbing guide i thought maybe i have been going of to hard. My legs felt like crap after about a third of the way up and i thought that maybe i had a to big a gear on but pushed on through to finish with a time of 2:23.6 which as it turned out i beat last years time by .1 of a second. I was a little disappointed with my ride but lets hope i push on from hear unlike last year when i felt that i went backwards.
I finished second this year to a cracking ride by Jacob Scott. But its was close from me down to 5th. Two other Star Wheelers also took part and Tom Broadbent took over 10seconds off his pb and Richard Facey but in a good effort for an old man (only joking richard)



No comments:

Post a Comment