Saturday 9 April 2011

FIRST TT OF THE YEAR

Well today was my first real test of the year. I was doing a 10mile TT on the V718 near Hull. It is probably the fastest course in Yorkshire so most people set their pb's on this course. As i have suffered from a lot of colds this year my training is a little bit behind were i would want it to be but it would give me a good guide for the rest of the year.
After a 25minute warm up on the rollers i set of for the start which was about another 15 minutes away. The course is run on the A63 so it is very busy with traffic. As i was being held for the off there was an old lady on a push bike coming up behind me. 5 4 3 2 1 go, just as she was about to cut in front of me as i sprinted of. Lets just say she was a bit put out but not as much as i was with the starters for not warning me she was there.
So down the the slip road and straight into a head wind. I had planed not to go to hard for the first 5miles but the head wind seemed to be strong and i didn't hold much hope for a good time (for me). At the turn it didn't feel like there was much of a tail wind but i went as hard as i thought i could.
So i crossed the line with a time 22mins and 9sec which was 46seconds faster than my previous best. So i was fairly pleased. I will look forward to getting back on this course later in the season when my condition has improved. 
All in all a well run event  with a HQ with showers which was a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment