Thursday 7 July 2011

DAY 3

So my 3rd day of riding up Holme Moss after missing yesterday so i could do a local 10 mile tt. The legs felt ok this morning but the wind was up and there were many a dark cloud looming above.

Today my plan was to just do 3 ascents as the weather wasn't looking to good. It takes me about 1hr 20mins of riding before i hit the base of Holme Moss so none of my rides have been below 3hours. The head wind was the strongest it's been so far so half way up the first ascent i was thinking maybe i would only climb it twice but i always have a few negative thoughts on my first ascent.
The return down to the bottom was fast to say the least. I hit 83.8 kph before i had a twitchy bum moment and hit the brakes. I think that if i had been on my race bike and not my winter/training bike then i might of even hit 90 kph and that is free wheeling i didn't even pedal.

So on the second ascent the clouds started to get a little darker and i thought that i might cut the ride short but as i crested the top 3 old cuys on touring bikes started the descent fully loaded up with 2 panniers. I caught one who was going about 20 kmph around the corners. It had started to drizzle at this point so i will let him off. I didn't pass him i just followed him down slowly. I did do the 3rd ascent but the drizzle had turned to rain by this point so i was clad to hit the top and turn around for my ride home.

Total ascents needed 47
Todays Total 3
Current Total 10

No comments:

Post a Comment