Tuesday 12 July 2011

HILL CLIMB TRAINING

No ascents today as i needed to get some practice in on my fixed wheel hill climb bike so i drove out to a climb just outside of Clayton West. The climb goes up into High Hoyland. The surface is good and there is not to much traffic so makes it ideal for using it to train on.

I think Featherstone Road Club use this climb for there club hill climb which this year takes place on the 18th September.

I was doing all the climbs seated as to try to build up the strength need. I only did 4 reps as i want to get some big days in on Holme Moss this week. I do like the fixed bike but i do have to get a lot more practice in on it and also do a full race pace test to see what type of gearing i am going to use when the Hill climb season starts.
The casti in training prep. Seat to be changed to a Selle Italia slr and the wheels will be my hand built mavics with Vittoria Tubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment